03: ENVIRONMENTAL and WASTE MANAGEMENT POLICY
Hunter Mason is committed to minimising the impact of its operations on the environment, pursuing best practice to manage its resources, to reduce environmental impacts within our activities. Acknowledging as a service organisation we can minimise the negative impact on the environment in many small ways, demonstrating responsible and sustainable environmental behaviour of our staff and suppliers.
The Key Principles and Actions underpinning our Environmental Management Policy are to:
- Identify activities that impact on the environment, and work with other interested parties to encourage the reduction of environmental impacts.
- Comply with relevant legislation, ISO 14001:2015 criteria and codes of practice, regards the safe handling, storage and transport disposal of hazardous waste, dangerous goods, and noise.
- Comply with relevant legislation, ISO 14001:2015 criteria and codes of practice, in relation to proactive management and control of plant and equipment producing emissions and noise.
- Provide resources, allocating responsibility to achieve organisational and project commitments, supported by on-going training for staff, to ensure the organisation is abreast of innovative technologies.
- Consulting with employees and suppliers to ensure that environmental impacts on sites are understood and addressed effectively.
Hunter Mason Environmental and Waste Management goals are to:
- Remain committed to implementing across the organisation a systematic and practical approach to waste management / minimisation.
- Minimise environmental impact to landfill, water, air, flora and fauna, through considered management of materials ordered so environmental impacts are reduced and waste is recycled or treated.
- Promote more efficient materials and use of resources to reduce pollutants and preserve natural resources and conserve all heritages
- Practice efficient noise and emission controls on plant and equipment, compliant storage of hazardous materials kept to a minimum, effective dust suppression and water run off strategies implemented.
- Set measurable environmental goals covering all aspects of the organisation’s operations and activities, monitoring progress and encouraging a culture of continual improvement.
- Engage with suppliers and stakeholders consulting and communicating our environmental objectives and give preference to environmentally friendly products and equipment.
This policy together with the measurable objectives and targets will be reviewed on an annual basis to ensure that it remains relevant and suitable to the operations of Hunter Mason